The term ‘Kindergarten’ is derived from German which means ‘garden for the children’, is an educational program designed for young children to prepare them for school. This part of early education for children, acts as a transition from home to school environment. At Kindergarten, children are moulded by giving a number of games and activities such as drawing, singing, which help them develop their fine motor skills, a love for learning and build social skills.
- Social skills, like how to play with other children in a calm, sharing and rewarding way
- Self-awareness and respect for others
- Language, literacy and numeracy skills such as reading stories and counting objects
- A joy of learning and group activities such as drawing and making things together with other children of their own age
- Exposure to new ideas and concept through activities such as colour day, fruit and vegetables activities, cleanliness, health and etiquettes activities etc